Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Off to the Trailer Doctor!

Two months after bringing her home, Lil' Chick is finally getting to spend some time with Denny, the Trailer Doctor!

I prepped her this morning by taping the closet door closed so it wouldn't bang around during the trip (the latch is broken, so it doesn't stay shut on its own), and putting pieces of tape where I want electrical outlets.



Then I hooked her up to Fiona and we got ready to hit the road.


Once at Denny's, he and I went over what we'd like to accomplish during this first segment:  repairing the floor holes; repairing the rotted corners in the rear; re-wiring the electrical to 30 amp, installing more interior outlets, and re-wiring and replacing all the exterior trailer lights; removing the old metal plumbing; removing the fresh water tank and disinfecting it; and removing the two side vents and covering up their holes.  Whew!  That's a lot of work!  But Denny and his crew will knock it all out in no time.

The Chick sure looked little when I drove off!


And her spot in the driveway looks awfully empty:


But these repairs are what's needed before I can continue to glamp her up - I've done just about everything I can do to on my own to this point; now it's time for Denny to work some magic!


No comments:

Post a Comment