Friday, July 12, 2013

A New Idea.....

One of the great things about having a little 9' trailer as my own personal big-girl playhouse is that I get to do whatever I want!

My latest idea had to do with the lower galley cabinet:  since it had damage from a chemical spill in Lil' Chick's previous life, and since it'd have to be modified anyway to accommodate the little Nostalgia Electrics fridge, why not just take it out all together, and use something else as a galley cabinet?

I've been on the hunt for that "something else" for a couple weeks, and found it today at the Salvation Army thrift store for $60:


Introducing the Chick's new galley cabinet!
It's lightweight (a major consideration when scouting for a suitable piece) and in great shape, plus it's shallow enough to fit through Lil' Chick's narrow 20" door.  I love to repurpose stuff, and the classic lines and vintage hardware make it a perfect candidate for some serious shabby-ing!

My plan is to remove the top two drawers, reattach the drawer faces with hinges for access, cut a hole in the top, and drop in a new stainless RV sink.  Sounds so easy, right?  I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS!!!  But you can be sure that I'll find out!

Because of all my recent thrift store visits looking for a galley cabinet, I've also stumbled upon some other goodies that were too good to pass up:


A sweet little birdhouse ready to be glamped up!


An intriguing vintage metal case.....
.....that turned out to be a picnic "basket"
full of vintage picnicware!
LOVE those thrift store scores!  I plan on using the metal picnic case as a table top that will double as storage.  More repurposing/multi-purposing!

I also found some great vintage-themed fabric on Etsy and ordered some to make a couple pillows for the Chick:


Too cute!  And the woman sitting in the patio chair with the
scarf on her head SO reminds me of my mom back in the day!

Hopefully the Chick will be going to Denny this week so he can begin repairing her floor.  One step at a time, right?!











1 comment:

  1. I am drooling over here over your aqua serving ware! What a great find! I'll definitely have to keep my eyes open for a metal suitcase at estate sales.

    ReplyDelete